Monday, October 25, 2010

Bras, Aprons, Headaches and muscle Pain

Please forgive the massive gap between posts. Between my work schedule, a neurotic aversion to finishing things, a jacked up arm muscle, and the ultimate time waster, StumbleUpon (I love you, Stumble, but I want my life back!) I have been too busy (lazy) to post.

So here is what I've been working on:
Thanks to the awesome stash of the lovely PhoebeDelia's Mercantile (a.k.a. Mom) I acquired (begged and begged for) this amazing hand painted 1920-1930's silk bra.

I will eventually restore the sweet little beauty but first I wanted to make a pattern from it. It didn't go so well. Apparently I have a mental block (I'm stupid) against taking a piece of fabric containing a dart and making a pattern from it. I tried a few things and thought I was in the free and clear but instead I just made it too wide and had to end up adding two overlapping side darts.

Let's all keep in mind that Slut-Jane II's bosoms are much bigger than mine so this thing is pinned on at every end. What, you didn't name your dress form something inappropriate? Bet you will now.



Fail. Try again. But if it's a fail, why do I like it so much? It's still kinda pretty. AND double sided. Bet you didn't see that one coming.
It looks less well done in person.
The back is just strip of very soft lingerie elastic ribbon.

What shall I work on next? I'm kind of an instant gratification sort of girl (attention span of a squirrel) so I need some projects that I can do in a few hours and feel like I got something done.
I think an apron will do nicely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment