Monday, January 31, 2011

Wherin I am in mourning for my job.

I'm back from my honeymoon! I know, 4 and a half years after the wedding but better late than never! And boy did we save up for this one. We took an 11 night cruise in the Mediterranean and hit Genoa, Barcelona, Casablanca, Tenerife, Funchal and Malaga followed by 3 days in Rome eating like royalty.
Here's a picture of my rocking Muslim chic at a Mosque in Casablanca.

And I returned home to find that the wonderful coffee shop where I work, my home away from home, my good friend, had closed it's doors for good. So there's bit's of excitement over our adventure tempered with being in mourning for my job. But the cast is off my arm, it works relatively well despite being a bit weak, and I now have both time and the ability to sew again between bouts of job hunting. Oh, how I hate job hunting, I can't even express it, the constant sting of being ignored, or rejected, it's like dating only without the fun parts.



Since I am now amongst the unemployed I have decided to not buy any new fabric until I find a job. Is that incentive to put myself out there or what? Good thing I have a massive stash. That, and while I was away, basking in ignorance, I found fabric shops in the canary Islands.
 And bought myself some very nice silks.
And of course, since he never reads the blog I can show you a picture of the darling husband looking so patient and angelic, calmly waiting for me to pick out the fabrics I want.
So what is next? I have no freaking clue. I have some great linen and I've been promising to sew Mike a shirt for the longest time... perhaps I can be a dutiful wife and put away my selfish seamstress mentality for a few days. Anyone have any experience with sewing men's shirts? I'd love any tips you might have to offer.
Burda 7767 had been sitting on my desk for months.
I think this has the potential to be a really sexy shirt. And how fun would it be to make Mike do the modeling for once? Lord, that's all the incentive I need!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the blue. I can not wait to see what you make of it.

    ReplyDelete